Our Mission Statement
The West Tennessee Home Builders Association is the voice of the building industry, advancing homeownership through public policy, education, networking and professionalism in the 21 counties of the Grand Division of West Tennessee.
A Resource the Public Can Trust
Since 1944, the West Tennessee Home Builders Association has been committed to protecting and promoting the housing industry. With over 560 members, the West TN HBA is one of the largest Home Builders Associations in Tennessee.
We are professional home builders, architects, remodelers, suppliers, manufacturers, and sales and marketing professionals who believe every American deserves the opportunity of homeownership. As trusted professionals within our community, our members continue to lead the way in all areas of home construction, driving innovation and giving back to our community with one common goal in mind: to make our community stronger by providing affordable, quality residential housing.
The WTNHBA is known for connecting members through monthly networking and educational events, promoting professional development, hosting community outreach events and much more. The WTNHBA also produces and manages numerous community resource events throughout the year including the Vesta Home Show and Home Expo.
The West Tennessee Home Builder's Association Member Code of Ethics
Before any firm or individual can become a member to the West TN HBA, the following Code of Ethics must be subscribed to:
• Members shall constantly seek to provide better values, so that a greater share of people may enjoy the benefits of homeownership.
• Members shall strive to develop efficiency in the building industry.
• Members shall act at all times to contribute their knowledge in building to the best interest of those they serve.
• Members shall not obtain any business by means of fraudulent statements or by use of implications unwarranted by fact or reasonable profitability.
• Members shall comply both in spirit and letter with rules and regulations prescribed by law and government agencies for the health, safety, and progress of the community.
• Members shall be alert to examine proposed or enacted national, state and local legislation detrimental to social, economic and political progress.
• Members shall not perform, or cause to be performed any act which would tend to reflect poorly on or bring into disrepute any part of the building industry.
Professional designations are achieved by those who value excellent opportunities to improve their skills, advance their careers, and be recognized for their commitment to professional growth. NAHB offers a wide range of learning opportunities and is committed to providing the best residential home building knowledge to foster success in the industry.
Designations and Abbreviations:
- Certified Aging-in-Place Specialist (CAPS)—The CAPS Designation teaches the technical, business management, and customer service skills essential to competing in the aging-in-place market.
- Certified Graduate Builder (CGB)—CGB is an exclusive professional designation designed to emphasize business and project management skills.
- Certified Green Professional (CGP)—The Certified Green Professional (CGP) Designation teaches builders, remodelers and other industry professionals techniques for incorporating green building principles into homes—without driving up the cost of construction.
- Housing Credit Certified Professional (HCCP)—The Housing Credit Certified Professional specialized designation for developers, property managers, asset managers, and others who are working in the affordable housing industry.
- Certified New Home Sales Professionals (CSP)—The CSP designation was designed for specialists in new home sales to enhance their professional image, increase their marketability in the home building industry, and sell more homes!