MEMBERSHIP DIRECTOR OPPORTUNITY
The West TN Home Builders Association seeks a dynamic person to serve as our Membership Director. This individual should be detail-oriented and able to work in a fast-paced environment. This position is responsible for new member recruitment, as well as engagement and retention of current members. The ideal candidate will be personable, self-motivated, and a successful relationship builder with at least four years of experience in customer service, marketing, sales, or membership sales. Other desired skills include Microsoft Office proficiency, excellent customer service, the ability to close a sale, and a positive attitude.
Job Title: Membership Director
- Recruitment of new members to the organization by identifying individuals, companies, or industry sectors that are not currently members, cultivating relationships, and converting those prospects into dues-paying members.
- Managing retention efforts of existing members by ensuring that current members have opportunities for engagement, are communicated with regularly, and receive value for their membership dues.
- Engaging members as volunteers to assist in the mission of the Association.
Duties, Responsibilities, and Authorities:
- With the approval of the Board of Directors and in conjunction with the Membership Committee, sets annual membership recruitment and retention goals for the association and develops a plan to achieve those goals.
- Collaborates on the development of membership recruitment materials, including theme, text, and production.
- Targets new areas for membership growth, develops prospect lists, and recruits new association members.
- Provides regular reports to the Membership Committee on new member applications, upcoming renewals, and cancellation statistics.
- Identifies and trains volunteer membership recruiters; coordinates Spike Club activities and develops other recognition programs for volunteer recruiters.
- Coordinates Membership Committee activities and conducts new member orientations to inform members of local, state, and national services and programs.
- Develops profiles of new members to identify areas for member involvement and interest in new member services.
Produces new member kits and membership plaques for all new members.
- Develops and coordinates membership drives and campaigns.
- Conducts exit surveys of non-renewing members to determine reasons for canceling membership.
- Provides primary staff support to the Membership Committee, including preparing agendas and handling meeting logistics.
- Provides support to other association committees and councils as assigned by the Executive Officer.
- Ensures that dues notices are sent promptly and include information to encourage renewals.
- Provides membership information for the association’s newsletter.
- Assures that all membership information is entered into the association’s database and kept accurate.
- Acts as a liaison to the NAHB Membership Marketing Department and becomes familiar with its programs and materials.
- Notifies state and national builders associations of new members, member renewals, cancellations, and changes.
- Performs all other duties as instructed by the Executive Director.
The West TN Home Builders Association is a nonprofit organization advancing homeownership through public policy, education, networking, and professionalism. The West TN Home Builders Association is an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment. Please email your resume with detailed salary history and requirements to email@example.com. No phone calls, please.